When researching using Google you can narrow the search with these tips:
- Put quotes("" ) around the term to search only that phrase
- To eliminate a word, use NOT
- Capital letters and articles are ignored unless in quotes
- The root form of a word looks for all forms of the word
- Use a tilde (~) to search with other word of similiar meaning
- Putting a plus (+) in front of word to keep it exactly as it is
- The word OR allows grouping of two words or phrases
From Ten Items All Should Know when Using Google Basic Search...Far From Basic!
by Michael Gorman
Google Scholar can narrow your search to the "scholarly" sources
To get to the State Library of Kansas databases, click "Online Resources" on the left side.
To search ALL of the databases at one time, Select General OneFile, Select "Tools" at the top, from the drop down menu, select "Change Databases", click the SELECT button. You are now Power Searching!
Shawnee Mission Northwest databases
ABC-CLIO: American History, World History: Ancient & Medieval Eras, World History: The Modern Ers, World at War, World Georgraphy, World Religions, Issues
Get username and password from librarian
Passwords needed for home use